- Why I’m not afraid of measles
- Oasis Wellness Empowerment Series #3: On the Journey towards Patient and Provider Empowerment
- Oasis Wellness Empowerment Series #2: Disempowering Patients through Fear, Coercion, and Force
- Oasis Wellness Empowerment Series #1: How the Internet can Empower Patients and Providers
- Healing Lessons from my Garden
Want more?Join our mailing list!For Email Marketing you can trust.
Tag Archives: complementary medicine
In the second segment of this series, I introduced a new model of care called the “Collaborative Empowerment Model,” whereby both patient and provider create a healing model through collaboration and empowerment. I promise that I will devote an entire future article to how this model works, but for the time being, I think it’s more important to give you all concrete steps to become more empowered. We are in a crisis situation, people.
In addition, I’m excited to introduce many of you to a new role in nursing called the Clinical Nurse Leader. Continue reading
If information is power, then the Internet – long crowned the “information superhighway” – provides both patients and health care providers a compelling platform for empowerment. Patients want to know about their choices and treatment options — ALL of their options, not just what was taught in medical school ten, twenty, thirty years ago. Continue reading